How long will my battery last?

Just seeing whether anybody is awake in this group. Some people have the nastiest temper when they wake up. :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Reminds me of a thread on a VW forum where one poster had suggested using sandpaper to remove a decal on the body. It was one of those oft-repeated queries from a new member of the forum and the responder made the comment trying to reinforce using the FAQ section.

Unfortunately, the reader (a newbie) didn't understand it was sarcastic. He went ahead with the suggested "cure" and was really ticked off. Some of us thought it was a joke-within-a-joke but the reader even posted photos to show the damage.

Sarcasm just doesn't come across well in this medium.

Reply to
Rick Mons

You know, the thing that chaps my arse about people posting "READ THE FAQ" or similar, is it takes just as much effort to just answer the question, as it does to post a sarcastic comment.

If you don't want to answer a ??? because it's been answered 1,000 times, THEN DON'T! just move on :)

We're all in this together, and, no matter what field you are a "know it all" in, there's always another that you are not!

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

And it would have been so much simpler had those professors just put the answers _on_ the exams for us.

Give a man a fish...

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Fine, but most people aren't teaching how to fish. They are just saying "Go catch a fish " without saying how!

Especially on usenet, the message that YOU might see, may NOT be on my server. Message storage times vary GREATLY depending on the news server, etc...

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

I just sold my '90 Miata 2 weeks ago, that I bought 4yrs ago from the original owner. Last winter I "thought" the battery was on it's way out because it was starting to turn over pretty slowly on cold mornings. I called the guy up I bought it from (he's a buddy of mine) and he was certain he'd never replaced the battery! Well I took the cover off it & guess what..sure enough it was an original Mazda battery. What's even More amazing is the only thing wrong with it was corroded battery terminal ends. I scraped off all the green fuzzy stuff..cleaned the posts & she cranks like new! I guess even tho having the battery in the trunk does take up a chunk of the trunk space, evidently keeping it out of the weather makes them last forever. My advice is keep it clean & it SHOULD last years & years & years &.....mine's going on 155,000 miles &

14 years
Reply to
David-n-Hope 4ever