Just for the h_ll of it ;-)

Well, I'm almost posting this just because there hasn't been enough activity here lately ;-) Come on guys, there is interesting stuff (miata related) going on out there, right?

Anyway, this is OT I guess but since there's nothing On Topic going on, I consider it a free pass. Tomorrow I'm spending the day at Houston's Motorsports Ranch, watching the first 'leg' of the 24 Hours of LeMons race! This is the race that the basic premise of is basically, $500 cars, running an endurance race! I'm definitely contemplating an attempt next year so, I'm going to be doing research tomorrow along with trying to get some incredible photos. Opportunities should abound! It'll be interesting to see if any miatas participate, it sure wouldn't surprise me!

Actually, I guess this has become On Topic ;-)

Anybody here watched one of these races? Participated?

Check it out here;

More tomorrow! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I sold some parts to a guy who was entering his Miata into this race or something similar where he had a $500.00 limit, and I had to give him receipts so he could prove how little was spent.

Sounds fun, even though my performance car interest is dropping away at the same rate as my expendable dollars.

Reply to
pws

OK. Here's something on-topic. My plastic back window is cracked and bronzed. I've found a place that will, they say, remove the top, remove the window flap, replace the window with a new one, and put it all back together for $150. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Reply to
Frank Berger

It's possible to sew in a new piece of plastic without removing the top or rear curtain, and may cost even less. Moreover, you don't risk damage to top or rain rail. Check with shops that make custom boat tops.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Will do. Thanks.

Reply to
Frank Berger

Well obviously, you need to sell more parts to LeMons racers ;-)

cd

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

What the he_l are you guys doing, trying to 'hijack' my thread back 'on topic'? ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

That would be a lot of parts, eh? I may have to try that greed thing, it seems to work well for many people.

On a side note, I may actually have to keep the red Miata, that may actually be my least expensive option. At least I can do most of my own repairs on it and have gotten good at sourcing parts.

I may save up for something like that 55K mile 2004 Mazdaspeed a bit down the road, or go for a NC PRHT is things ever recover somewhat economically for myself.

Reply to
pws

I can't understand why you didn't grab the HUGE TAK car when you had the chance?

Reply to
XS11E

That was a Hugh WING & TAK! I had forgotten it until Lanny reminded me. That car was also "fast, fast and yep ferios!"

Passing that one up will forever be regretted. ;-)

Reply to
pws

I regret not archiving the ad in it's entirety on my hard drive.

Reply to
XS11E

">> Passing that one up will forever be regretted. ;-)

We ALL regret that slip up! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Couple of friends of mine are going to be running that race... not sure if it's this year or if the car is still in the process of being lightened.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

If you get a chance, go check it out, it's quite a hoot! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Sure looks that way.