White stuff from the sky! OT

After 6 years and 9 days, we are receiving snowfall in the Austin area that is sticking to the ground.

The weatherman got it right for once!

The date is easy for me to remember because the last one was on Valentines Day of 2004, and I have a picture of me proudly standing behind my 2 foot hybrid of a snowman and dirtman. It looks like I may get a 3-footer this time, woo-hoo!

This is exciting stuff.............If this keeps up and the temperature drops, I am staying off the roads and will watch some really bad TV in front of the fire.

Pat

Reply to
pws

We got a little sleet and a little bit of snow (big wet flakes that would melt right when they hit) here in the Land of Sugar,

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I wonder how Iva is doing with this little blast of winter she is getting in her area.

Reply to
pws

I don't know how they do it! cd

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Winter sucks. ;-)

The first storm wasn't too bad - only got about 18 inches or so. The second storm gave us an additional 8-10 inches on top of the first 18, with high winds and drifting. My Miata sat in the garage where she was warm and dry. We had to shovel a path around the front of the garage just to be able to open the door to get out the snow blower!

And I managed to tear something in my right shoulder shoveling that white stuff. Hopefully not the rotator cuff (again), but I'm afraid it is.

Most of that nasty stuff is gone now - except where it was pushed into great big piles, sort of like mini-glaciers in the corner of shopping mall parking lots.

It's supposed to be near 50F tomorrow - I think I'll wash the winter off my car.

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva