Kit for 1.6L to 1.8L upgrade?

Ok, I was trying to be nice. It does get terrible gas mileage.

You, on the other hand, are being too nice to television sitcoms. There is no way that your Honda is nearly as boring as the current crop of crap that is on television.

See, we don't disagree on everything...... :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Ummmm... where did anyone claim it was a race?

Straight from the source:

"Gone Fishin' is 11 minutes of exciting footage taken at the CIR Porsche Club lapping day in October 2005 at Putnam Park Road Course."

Alan Baker

Alan Baker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telus.net:

Exactly my point. The Miata passed because they let it, not because it was faster.

Reply to
XS11E

No. You could as easily conclude that they let it buy because it was faster and this wasn't a race (and thus everyone would have been given pretty strict instructions about not actually trying to race one another).

My take on it is that the Miata was both reasonably fast and more importantly, probably driven by someone who was far more capable and keen to *go* fast than a lot of the cars out there.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Yes, Mazda replaced the connecting rods and the pistons, for starters .......

Bruce Bing 03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Alan Baker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telus.net:

Again you make my point, the Miata passed because it was allowed to do so, not because it was capable of doing so had the other drivers been willing to race.

Reply to
XS11E

No. I suggest that there *may* have been another explanation, but to declare it definite fraud is another matter.

I admit to the possibility that I have it wrong, you do not.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Alan Baker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telus.net:

There's no possibility that I'm wrong, the film is offered as evidence that the Miata is capable of passing cars generally considered faster, it shows no such thing. Claiming that it does is the fraud here.

Reply to
XS11E

That *claim* may be in error, but that doesn't make the *video* a fraud.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Alan Baker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telus.net:

It's represented as something that it's not. That's fraud.

Reply to
XS11E

Again. The person doing the representing might be doing so fraudulently, but you claimed the *video* was a fraud.

Why not simply admit you made an error?

Reply to
Alan Baker

Alan Baker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telus.net:

Because I didn't? Seems like a good enough reason to me.

The video is a fraud as I previously stated as it represents itself as something that it isn't. You might want to watch it again.

Reply to
XS11E

It doesn't represent itself as anything other than a video of a Miata on a car club lapping day.

Reply to
Alan Baker

Having just swapped from a '91 1.6 to a '93 1.8 I've found little or no difference in fuel usage. Fuel economy in either is not much better than our V6 family sedan.

I think it's mainly 'cos the Miata likes to rev. I don't drive the family sedan at 5000+ rpm but the Miata responds so well it just begs to be driven like that. :)

Besides - who buys a sports car for fuel economy? :)

Reply to
Mr Q

pws wrote in news:%WS6g.6718$Qq.4229 @tornado.texas.rr.com:

Actually, it happens in pro racing too. Any supercross fans out there know that it is pretty common in that sport. Running 20 laps w/ laptimes under a minute for the leaders, lapped traffic is part of the game. Lappers are always moving out of the way of lead riders, not always w/ an actual wave, but that's the idea. Actually, this past weekend was the final race of the Supercross season and a rider in 3rd place basically waved on the 4th place rider behind him.. a unique case, obviously, but not unheard of.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

The lapped traffic is obviously engaging in fraud. There is no possibility that I am wrong about this. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws