lower timing gear removal

hi,

seeing that jy motors for a 95 are ~$900, (with kinda hi miles), here in CT, i decided to have my motor reworked. i was hoping to get it to the shop this afternoon, but I forget how to extracted the lower timing gear. the manual does not elaberate beyond "disassemble in order shown"...any hints?

thanks, peter

Reply to
peter

to be more specific, i am having difficulty getting the key out. tia, peter

Reply to
peter

Haven't pulled one BUT I'd assume that you undo the bolt, draw off the pulley, then give the key a gentle tap with say the handle of a screwdriver if you don't have a soft hammer an it'll pop right out if it hasn't already fallen out.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Reply to
OzOne

Flex plate, actually but it can be locked the same as a flywheel. There is a risk of cracking because they're so thin.

The easy way to remove the nut is with an impact wrench before the engine is disassembled, there's usually enough compression and drag to allow it to come loose.

Reply to
XS11E