timing belt install

Hi,

I am putting together my wife's 95 m-ed and find the timing belt to be a pain...the exhauste will stay put in the correct postion but the intake is pushing the valves open and I end up with slack between the cam gears. any hints? also te factory manual says to align the intake w/ the "E" on the gear and exhaust the "I". is that correct or a misprint>

tia, peter

Reply to
peter

snip

i gotta have a margaritta...I misread the diagram. the "E" on the intake side does match up if you put the "I" at 12 o'clock.

Reply to
peter

Have several margaritas, it's easier when there are two or more "E"s and two or more "I"s.

Reply to
XS11E

Or use your I's to locate someone called Margarita & drop a couple of E's. Won't fix your Miata, byt you will care less.

Reply to
Mal Osborne

I love this group :-) Bunch-o-nuts!

Chris