M1 Alloy Wheel Cleaner

Does anybody know of a good cleaner for these wheels? I tried the off the shelf stuff and had no luck (it's 100k miles worth of gunk I'm
working on.) Easy Off Oven Cleaner works good but it takes the paint off also (yes, they ARE painted) and if I repaint them they'll match the hub caps perfectly. This is probably the way to go since I have one really alloy colored wheel :{) TIA, Ephar & Bambi 197,000 miles tonight.

Site Timeline