1958 Packard Hawk For Sale

I went and took another look at this car. It has body tag 403 but the engine number seems to be LS5627 as listed in body number 409?? . This is supposed to be a 70K mile car and shows no sign of tampering. I can buy this car but I would only resell it right away. A quick description of the car. I have no pictures at this time. It appears to have never had any rust. The body boxes under the car are solid with green paint where the undercoat has come off. There is a little bondo in the rocker panels but in the center only no rust at the top or bottom. It appears it is there to fill in small dents. The hood has some spider cracks from the hood ornament outward on the right side of the hood. The round chrome ring on the nose is missing, but no holes visible suggesting a repaint in the past. If it was repainted in the past there is no "tape" lines on any of the trim. The top of fender ornaments have been removed and the paint sanded off . They were going to fill in the holes in the fenders but did not get that far. The ornaments, lights are in the car. The trunk has been "shaved" and filled in but not painted in the lock area. The original trunk mat is present but dirty. There is no rust in the trunk floor. All the chrome around the wipers and doors is quite good. The fin caps and tail lamp housings have some light pitting. The two front wheel opening trim moldings have a slight kink center top on the underside from oversize tires. (800-14) not visible unless you feel for them. The rear wheel moldings are fine. The hub caps are in good shape, the tires are like new only about 15 years old, not to be driven on. The interior is stock with push button radio and clock. The headliner is stock and looks good but probably is dry rotted from the Arizona heat, I would not push on it very hard. The rear seat looks good but has not been used. The front seat is still intact with some stitching appearing to come apart. The original windlace is present and still has some give to it but should be replaced also. IE the whole interior should be replaced but looks OK as is. The air filter and air box are missing. The supercharger is with the car but not mounted, turns by hand, condition on the car running unknown. The car has new brakes and a good pedal but the shop it was rescued from that wanted to customize it is such that I would recheck all brake work were it my car. All the stainless trim is in fine shape The car can be had FOB Phoenix for $8500.00. That is a firm price as I am making very little on the deal. This car needs some one to restore the inside, paint the outside and have the rear bumper rechromed. Also possible some exhaust work As this is a black car the paint has to be done to the owners satisfaction as well as the interior. Any thing I might do to "fix it up" would be a waste of time and money If you know some one that might be interested they can e-mail me snipped-for-privacy@cox.net or call 602-995-5311 Thanks for the consideration, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Collins