New Miata questions

I just took delivery of a 2006 MX-5 Sport (Copper Red). Could not be happier.
I have just a couple basic newbie questions that I can't seem to find
answered anywhere.
1. Is there a break-in period? The manual says there really isn't, but you shouldn't rev the engine for the first 600 miles. (Tough not to!) ;-)
2. It recommends changing the oil every 7,500 miles. Should I ignore that and change it every 3,000?
TIA- jersey

I would follow the manual.

I would. Remember, the 7500 interval is for "normal" service. Read the fine print, and you'll see that almost no Miata escapes the "severe" category.
--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis

Site Timeline