New Miata questions

I just took delivery of a 2006 MX-5 Sport (Copper Red). Could not be happier.

I have just a couple basic newbie questions that I can't seem to find answered anywhere.

  1. Is there a break-in period? The manual says there really isn't, but you shouldn't rev the engine for the first 600 miles. (Tough not to!) ;-)

  1. It recommends changing the oil every 7,500 miles. Should I ignore that and change it every 3,000?

TIA- jersey

Reply to
jersey

I would follow the manual.

I would. Remember, the 7500 interval is for "normal" service. Read the fine print, and you'll see that almost no Miata escapes the "severe" category.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I tend to lean toward Synthetic or Synthetic blend and start thinking about it at 3k, make sure I do the change by 5k. For Dino (natural) oil, it's cheap insurance and I like the 3k interval.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo