Rear Brakes Wear Out before The Front

Pat

Reply to
pws

Have you owned the car since it was new, or ever loaned it out? I was just suggesting it as one possibility.

Back to your original post, the stealership technician told you that the rear pads wore out first because they are softer. I believe that this is BS. There is some reason that they wore out not only first, but so soon at 50K miles.

Whether that reason is a mis-adjusted parking brake or seized slider pins, they should have said that was the case instead of talking about pad compounds.

Pat

Reply to
pws

That's a good note to add! I assumed they were self adjusting and in a round about way, found out about the set screw and the proper setting. It's a bit tricky to find also folks.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

They *are* self-adjusting, in use. But the screw is there to help get the old pads out and get new pads into the ballpark after installation.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers