Maxima 2000: rear brakes replaced before front?

I have 54,000 miles on my 2000 Maxima GXE. I was just told that my rear brakes are 90% worn yet my front are only 40% worn. Ok, I would expect this if I drove around with my E-brake on, but I have not and I've driven this car from mile #2.

Doesn't this sound odd? I'm having the rear brakes done right now.

Reply to
Mike

Mine went out at 31,000 miles and believe me I don't ride the brakes nor do I leave the emergency brake engaged when I drive. I generally down shipft to slow down and am light on my brakes

Reply to
Harold Lemel

While we are on the subject of brakes (2000 GLE 70K miles), I just had my rear rotors replaced and the rear pads, and the front rotors resurfaced and the pads replaced. I had it done at Pep Boys, did you go to a dealer or a repair shop? Just curious as to the difference. Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Freiberger

My rear brake pads also required replacement before my front pads. I couldn't figure that out either as most of the braking and pad wear should be done by the front brakes.

willie (2001 Maxima)

Mike wrote:

Reply to
george040

It was the dealer that I had do it. I believe the ciost was about $175 or so, which seemed reasonable.

Reply to
Harold Lemel

Reply to
onekindfavor