removing 2002 console

Spring popped off the rear cup holder lid and I tried to lift the console to see if I could reattach it by removing the front two screws and the two in the storage tray. The console then pops free in front by the 6-speed shift and is free in the rear but feels stuck in the middle by the window controls.

2 Questions: How to free the console? How to re-spring the cup holder lid.

Thanks!

Frank

Reply to
frank

There is a screw underneath the power window control. You need to pop the power windows controls out of the console, detach the power clip and unscrew that last one.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Thanks to Chris and Craig. I did one of my patented "nobody talks that way" searches and failed to find what I needed. After posting this request for help, I tried "English" and found both that console-removal item at miata.net but also a fix for the exact problem with the cup holder lid:

Frank

Reply to
frank