Removing center (arm rest) console

1996 Volvo 960 station wagon

I need to remove the center arm rest console but cannot find any way to get the rear half to come up.

I've removed the inspection plate from the center - directly beneath the emergency brake hand grip and removed those 2 screws.

I've also taken out (perhaps needlessly) the 2 screws below the front ash tray.

I've removed the rear ash tray but there is nothing there to remove or unscrew.

I've taken the 2 screws out of the hinge for the armrest but they held only the armrest

The sides of the console have no apparent opening for rmoving any screws.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Pat

Now remove the small (hidden) cover in the floor of the compartment behind the h/b lever. You should expose two screwheads. Remove these two and the centre arm rest console should lift away easily. You will probably find two covers the smaller one is the one to remove, the other one is for the OBD diagnostics connector (if not fitted to front of console or behind small panel on dash).

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes