Timing belt blues

So I'm a good boy and take my car in to have the belt done at

60,000. Local place I've used before. Gets toward the end of the day and I call to see the statis. They need a part (an o-ring) and only Mazda has it. So it has to stay in the garage becaues Mazda is suppost to overnight this thing. Wait all day today. Still doesn't come. So now I'm 2 unplanned nights without my car. Sigh... On a good note the water pump was failing so it's good we found it before it got bad. Just surprised it's going at 60k.
Reply to
Scott Streeter

I know your pain. My car was written off 3 weeks ago (nobody was hurt) and I'm still shopping for a replacement. If you think a couple of days is bad ... :)

As for the water pump - it's always a good idea to replace it with the timing belt. The part is cheap and most of the labor is already done for the timing belt change anyway.

Reply to
Mr Q

What do you mean the part is cheap? The cost is approximately 26 gallons of U.S. gasoline, for the moment. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

To extrapolate: if you can't afford a water pump now, just wait a couple of months, when the price will "drop" to only 15 gallons of gas.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Ouch!

Lanny, this time I hope you're wrong. ;-)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Do miatas have interference engines?

Reply to
Don Moore

No.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Well got the car back yesterday and it's running great. Sucked it took the extra time for a $3 part but the work was done well and they gave me a break on the bill too. Even better my friend let me drive his Lotus Elise to pick up my car. :)

Reply to
Scott Streeter