Screenwash reservoir cradle - update

On 2 Nov I posted re a difficult bolt, and received some very helpful and sympathetic replies. Well, finally, we cracked it in 10 minutes, but only after thought and preparation. Since a number of you guys will meet this problem, here's how we did it.

  1. We ground most of the threads off the last ¼ inch of our (stainless steel) bolt, down to the largest diameter tolerance fit for the captive nut. This acted as an alignment guide.

  1. We used the smallest socket set we had - ¼ inch drive - with much smaller diameter extensions than the ? inch set we previously used, enabling us to enter upwards through the reflector orifice in the wing at a better angle.

Hope this helps someone avoid grief!

Tony

Reply to
vat677