Sebring HSR Fall Classic In My 90 Red Miata...Follow Up As Promised

Can you tell that I am absolutely stoked about my driving experience at the HSR Fall Classic held this past weekend at Sebring.

I had dreamed of driving this historic race track for many years, and my dream finally became alive last Saturday and Sunday. I had recently performed some upgrades on my 90 Red Miata, including upgrading my brakes with Aussie cross-drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk HP Plus brake pads and Goodridge Stainless Steel brake lines, with synthetic brake fluid of course.. Also I had upgraded my shocks to Tociko Performance shocks, a strut tower brace and a Wave Roll Bar to improve chassis rigidity and handling. For appearance I had upgraded my wheels to 17" with Fuzion ZRi 215 R 17 tires and dressed up my calipers with a red high temp paint.

The car handled like a dream. with plenty of stopping power to allow driving deeper into the turns before braking, with no brake fade whatsoever. It is always a wonderful sound to hear the rev limiter cut out the fuel ..that sputter tells you it is time to shift...at

7400 rpm without turning the engine into a 'hand grenade'. I have been using synthetic lube (Red Line) in the engine, transmission and differential after a 1000 mile break-in period on convential oil. This was a long time ago, since I received delivery of my beauty October 5,1989...and over 146,000 miles ago.

More to follow.....

Reply to
bayman2222

That's an interesting approach.

To me, that sputter is the opposite of wonderful -- it tells me I've screwed up and lost time on the track.

But to each his own, I guess...

Sebring is fun. I was down there a few months ago and did some practice laps. But I do find that any of the airport tracks (Burke Lakefront, Sebring, Hagerstown) require extra effort to maintain your focus without elevation changes to make it more interesting. They're also much bit easier to drive at the limit of braking, since you don't have those nasty elevation changes varying the braking effect for a given pedal pressure. 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst