Test drive tomorrow

Well I'm going to give this T5 a test drive tomorrow to see how I like it. I've been offered it for £400, so assuming it goes ok I think I'd be stupid to turn it down!! I shall report back tomorrow evening, possibly with some pics.

Which means the BX is going to have to go (along with the 360). If there's any interest let me know!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

nice let us know how it handles the power ect

Reply to
Vamp

What sort of nick and money for both? I'd not want both, but I could be interested in either, IYSWIM.

Reply to
Doki

BX has no tax or mot and needs work. It's leaking LHM from somewhere - could be a dodgy pipe but haven't had the motivation to check yet. ABS light is staying on so that needs looking at, but shouldn't need much else for MoT. Few other niggly jobs need doing including the lower speedo cable, oil temp sensor (which I have) and it could probably use a camblet change as I'm not sure when it was last done (also have one). bodywork is a bit tatty - it's red so has faded a bit, but comes up fairly well after a polish. Bumpers need refurbing, which I'm in the process of doing. Lack of available Mi16 engines is keeping the price up though, even for non runners. I'd like £400 for it which would include quite a few spares (including about £100 of new stuff and plenty of useful 2nd hand bits). Also has a few upgraded bits including a Scorpion tail pipe, K&N filter and twin fan conversion with lower temp switch.

The Volvo will have a full MoT and probably 6 months tax. It's in good nick, but is again red so has faded a little. Again comes up good after a polish. Should be solid underneath - I'm currently having some welding done to make sure of this. It's had a recent cambelt and water pump, along with new rear dampers, some uprated suspension bushes and probably some other bits and pieces I cant remember. Currently has quite a few very rare OEM accessories which I've collected over the past 2 years so price depends on which ones stay on. Assuming they all stay I'll want £550 I reckon. With them all removed £400.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Bad form etc etc

Well, I loved the T5. I was pleasantly surprised and how well it goes - the paper figures don't do it justice. Bit of a hooligans car in fact!

Good points - in the last year (and about 8k miles) it's had a new cambelt, new front discs and pads, new fuel pump and has been well looked after. Stainless steal exhaust. Decent tyres all round. All the electrics seem to work.

Bad points - clutch is getting weak, although I didn't notice it on the short drive I had, rear light clusters have gone 'frosted', engine sounds a bit tappety. However it hasn't been used properly in the last 6 weeks - it's just been driven in and out of the garage everyday, so with any luck an oil/filter change should help.

Couple of crappy pics off my phone here:

- meant to say you'll also find some BX/360 pics in there somewhere) All-in-all I'm happy to pay £400 for it so I've said I'll have it :) Just need to shift the other 2 now!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

nice!

Reply to