Sounds a lot like justice...

From today's San Francisco Chronicle:

(12-13) 08:51 PST -- In a bizarre chain of events, a suspected drunk driver in > a stolen vehicle was killed by a hit and run driver early today on Highway 4 in > Pittsburg as he attempted to run from police, according to the California > Highway Patrol.
[If they find the hit-and-run driver, I hope they just pay for the damage to his car and let him go]

Full article at:

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Dana, I had no idea that we thought anything alike on such issues.

The only problem here is that the hit and run driver had no way of knowing that the other driver was a drunk car thief.

If he/she had, I would say pin a medal on him or her.

Since he/she had no way of knowing these facts, the hit and run driver should be shoveled into the ground alongside the other sorry sack of shit, excuse the language for those that have never read the word shit before. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

He was probably drunk as well. Why else would he have run from an incident not his fault?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Stolen vehicle, drugs or other contraband in the car, outstanding warrants, perhaps the driver mistakenly thought that they were at fault.

There are plenty of reasons besides intoxication that will make someone run, though DUI is a very good possibility.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Yeah, but, everthings a situation. If the right thing happened this time, so be it.

[I'm only half-serious, you know]

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Good question. It's conceivable that the hit-run driver wasn't even aware he'd hit something, though not probable. It's also possible that the hit-run driver had something to hide as well.

It's very odd to me, though, though this managed to happen apparently in full view of at least 2 officers and the hit-run driver still got away (unless they've caught the driver since).

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

No license, no insurance, no legal status. So on. A lot of possible reasons.

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

True, many of my posts are half-serious as well. I don't really want people suffering if at all possible. I just wish that more people, including myself at times, would have someone come up and knock some sense into their heads, even if that requires a physical tap on the noggin. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

That also seemed strange to me. I wasn't there, and they did have a collision to deal with, but it is still kind of strange that the car did get away entirely, at least that day. I have a feeling that the driver will be caught soon if it hasn't already happened. Of course, if he is smart, alone and the car was stolen, they might only find the car.

Pat

Reply to
pws