Steam on Mac more stable...

...and it's selling a lot of games.

"The Steam for Mac client has been in the hands of gamers for a week now and Valve is collecting some useful data about Mac users. Among the statistics the company has gathered so far: two-thirds of Steam for Mac users run on laptops, and after one week, 11 percent of all Steam purchases are for Mac. One surprising result, however, is that the same version of Portal is five times more stable on Mac OS X than on Windows."

"Five times more stable on Mac OS X" trolls!

Reply to
Alan Baker

And you are posting this in a miata group because....?

(Don't reply, already made a kill-filter for you.)

Reply to
Don Q

Because I made a mistake. I mean, that's what I think a reasonable person might conclude.

I guess you're perfect, then!

Reply to
Alan Baker

Don, Alan is a regular around here, obviously posted to the wrong newsgroup. You know, there aren't many NG's that I can put up with since there is soooooo much bs postings to most and I'm not a guru on how to ignore them and such.Somehow, even though posts get a bit ...... thin, at least they are still pretty well focused.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thanks, Chris. I know I haven't been around for a while, but Don's reaction did seem a little harsh.

Reply to
Alan Baker

It was a lot harsh, and Steam rocks! :-)

We got your back, Alan.......

Pat

Reply to
pws

Watch it Pat, you mention 'steam' one more time and I'll kill file you (whatever that means ;-) I guess it means to add you to a 'blocked senders' list, right? I'm not 'acting' stupid here, I really am ;-)

cd

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes indeed, it means to be banished via a filter on the newsgroup reader. Not a very strong threat, and I am sure that I reside in a few kill files myself. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

No doubt ;-)