sticker price

i'm going to be going to the dealerships to look at miata's soon, any idea what people are actually getting them for? anyone know the invoice
price on 06's and what price can i expect to land at? should i wait till just after thanksgiving to buy? i'm in southeren cal region (san diego) in case that helps thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@gobolts.com wrote in

A lot depends on the area, demand for a specific model, etc. but generally if you can get a vehicle out-the-door for the sticker price you've done pretty well, that means is the dealer is deducting the license fees, sales tax and destination charges.
snipped-for-privacy@gobolts.com wrote:

Check at edmunds.com for MSRP, invoice, and average selling price for your zipcode.
--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis

i checked edmonds and according to them i'm going to pay about 150 OVER sticker, that does not sound right to me!
You can start with:
http://www.intellichoice.com
http://edmunds.com
http://www.kbb.com
They will have, more or less, what the pricing is and what public incentives are available in your area by zip
you can also check some dealer's inventory on line (that will tell you how many cars are moving off the lot) For example, John Hine Mazda has 17 2006 listed. Of course, if you want color or options, you will have to be more reaonable in your price expectations.
On 12 Oct 2006 12:19:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gobolts.com wrote:

Over the years, I've bought 3 Miatas while living in San Diego. Two of the dealers no longer have their Mazda franchise. There are currently three dealers in San Diego County. The only one I have had experience with is the one in Escondido. I hate their sales approach - they won't give you a price unless you have already started to write a contract. I can't say much for their service, either - they wanted to put ATF in my 6 spd when I complained of rough shifts into 2nd gear!
I ended up buying my present '03 up north in Hemet, CA The dealer that treated me well, and I think, fairly honestly. In buying this car, I went to Costco.com and got a referral that was supposed to get me a price of $300 over invoice. Guess what - I got the car for $300 over invoice with no bargaining, and at a time when there were no factory incentives available. I will try the Costco referral again.
Randy

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:11:05 -0400, BCRandy wrote:

I started out with a Costco referral as well. I very nearly bought an Acura RSX-S with one. Jesus, what an engine. And the shifter was the best I have ever used. A really high quality car for the money. But I happened by the Mazda dealer and they had just got a low-mileage 04 Mazdaspeed Miata on trade and it was about 7 grand less than the RSX.
The referral plan can save a lot of time. The first Acura dealership I went to the salesman would have played ball, but there was this director of sales idiot that kept yakking about what a premium car the Acura is, that MSRP was really the rock bottom they could go, etc. Obviously dealers like this are not worth anyone's time, but it never hurts to get a couple of grand off the top.
once you figured out what you want, check out these guys to make your local dealers fight for your business... www.carsdirect.com www.autobytel.com www.autoweb.com www.carsmart.com www.autonation.com

Site Timeline