Has anyobdy ever put one of these into a Miata?

Nope. I put a 10-disk cd changer in the trunk and a cassette player with AM/FM radio in where the stock radio used to be. The advantage was it's half the size of the original radio and gives me a nice little "bin" underneath.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I ass-U-me you read this:

"The radios are all taken from salvaged vehicles that were already dismantled (meaning they couldnt be tested). They are all as-is and considered for cores. Working condition is unknown, which means you could get one that works perfect or one that does not."

Get one of these, instead, and install it according to directions at miata.net.

Or one of these:

or whatever. Stick with Mazda radios. I got the combo AM/FM/Cassette/CD 6 disk Changer from Ebay, brand new and guaranteed, no regrets. It fits, it works.

Reply to
XS11E

Actually, I posted here as a result of a discussion in rec.music.classical.recordings about a car CD player that has digital compression as an option, a feature which greatly enhances the listening experience for classical music in any car, especially a noisy one. I neglected to mention that. The one I linked to (and it was just suggestive, it's easy to find the same unit that has been tested and comes with some sort of guarantee) has the feature. The ones you suggested don't have compression, as far as I can see, unfortunately. That's why I wanted to know if and how the Ford unit could be installed in a Miata.

Reply to
Frank Berger

As my followup post says, I'm looking for a unit with digital compression. I should have mentioned that to aviod getting well-intended, but irrelevant, suggestions.

Reply to
Frank Berger

I suspect that you, like others, will find the attempt to have even barely acceptable music in a Miata to be futile but good luck!

Reply to
XS11E

Ah. Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were actually going to put one *just* like that in your car.

Never mind.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

compression.

Better irrelevant than irreverent.

And at least we didn't ignore your post.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I wouldnt touch it as he explicitly says it may or may not work. I he is selling 15 - 20 a week, he could wire up a testing rig. hth, peter

Reply to
peter

Actually, he can't. He's running a salvage yard, cars are disassembled with cutting torch, pry bar and wire cutters. If he spent half an hour testing radios, he'd probably have to triple the prices or more.

There's a lot of money to be made in the wrecking business but speed is essential.

Reply to
XS11E

The point was abour that particular, not that particular seller. Besides at a low enough price one could take a chance.

Reply to
Frank Berger

I meant to say that the point was about that type of radio, not one from that particular seller.

Reply to
Frank Berger