Tming belt replacement on 99 626 4cyl

Sorry if this is out of place, I could not find another Mazda group.

I need to change the timing belt on my 99 626 4 cyl (80,000 miles).

I am pretty decent at working on cars, I can do brake work (disks and drums) I always change my own oil, I have attempted a timing belt replacement on an 84 Toyota pickup before with little success (I did not keep adequate track of bolt locations.) I have replaced the clutch on a

95 Tacoma 4x4.

Is this engine difficult to service? I mean I can save 200 or more dollars if I can do it myself.

I assume I will need to extract the engine, or can it be done with the engine in place. What about water pumps, etc? I mean, should I just cough up the extra cash and hire a shop to do it (part of the problem is I dont trust shops).

TIA all!

Reply to
Jason

Personally if I had a choice I wouldn't let you even get near to a bicycle .

Reply to
Col:

Great thanks for your help.

Reply to