Update on Drive To Survive

I'm thrilled to announce that the Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club raised over $10,000.00 in their second annual Drive To Survive to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation! Receipts are still coming in but at this point we're at $10,200 and hope to reach $11,000 when everything's finally totalled.

The raffle for the DA Polishing Kit brought in nearly $1,100 itself. Thanks to everyone who participated!

And, no, I did not win the polishing kit. It went to Capt Jack in Cortlandt Manor, NY, who bought a raffle ticket at the DelVal driving instruction course held at Pocono Raceway the end of July.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Congrats on the good deed and sounds like fun for all! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I am curious. Where did the other $9,100 come from? Sounds pretty good for a Miata club?

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Quit being so humble Leon, we know that you made a $9,100.00 donation to this fund-raiser, and we are very proud and appreciative of you for such a generous and selfless act.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Well, we charged a fee for each person participating in the actual drive. Then we had a silent auction with a whole bunch of stuff donated by our members, local restaurant gift certificates, movie tickets, etc. The Drive committee was given 2 autographed photos by Mazda titled "Burning Rubber" by Tim Damon who does the action and location photography for Mazda. The photo was an outtake from a brochure shoot for the 2006 model. These were donated to our club specifically to be sold to raise funds for the DTS. And our members went out and got pledges from friends, family, neighbors, etc.

The first photo was sold at the Drive on Sunday. The second will shortly be auctioned off on E-Bay for further DTS funds. You can see the photo in this thread on our website:

'790 A couple of months prior to the Drive, we started holding a garage sale on our website. Several of our members put Miata related items up for sale and donated all the proceeds to the DTS. All of the costs for the event were covered by the garage sale.

We have a *very* generous group of folks in our local club!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

LOL!! I wish we'd had some donors like that!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

congratulations on the success of your fund raiser. that is an excellent photograph. if you get another photograph like that then please mention it here and let people submit bids to a silent auction. regards,

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Thanks. It was a lot of work, particularly for those of us on the committee, but it's certainly worth the trouble!

When the other print goes up for sale on E-Bay, I'll post the link here for anyone else who might be interested.

The link will also be posted on the Drive To Survive website:

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Sounds like a great club. :)

Leon