LVMOC 6th Annual The Drive to Survive

Okay, Chris - here it is with its own header! At least it will look like more traffic on the ng. ;-)

I'm happy to announce the Lehigh Valley Miata Owners Club Sixth Annual "The Drive To Survive" to benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

We'll be holding The Drive on Sunday, October 4, 2009 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, starting at Young Mazda, 191 Commerce Park Drive, Easton, PA 18045. The event includes a continental breakfast, an 80-mile romp through the Pocono Mountains, lunch, raffles and a silent auction.

Registration is $30 per person and there will be a ton of gift baskets for the auction. This year we're having separate raffles for "big ticket" items, such as a full polishing kit (complete with dual-action polisher), a flat screen tv, a full cb radio set-up, and other items to be announced!

To date our club has donated nearly $35,000 to the BCRF raised solely through The Drive To Survive. We're in the process of having our organization listed on their Grassroots page with a link to our event.

More info as it becomes available can be found at the club website:

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata Yes, I'm on the committee, why did you ask?
Reply to
Iva

THAT'S the way ya do it! Hopefully you'll get some participants / contributors from our lil NG!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Here, here's some traffic.......... a link right to the info, how's about that.

081207150020640 Man, ya'all plan AHEAD! Here you are trying to get out of winter and that event is about when winter will be creeping back in again, eh? Sounds like fun though.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, we do plan ahead and the committee has already met 3 times since the first of the year. Since we're doing raffles as well as the auction, we like to get the tickets available early. That means we have to get the raffle *items* early too.

And then there's the route planning - we try to get an early start on that too. It gives us great excuses for going out driving. "Sorry, honey, we're planning the route (again) today. I'll be back - later."

There's lots of photos in the gallery of previous years' Drives - they'll be under each year's section. You may have to register at the site to see the gallery but there's no charge and we guarantee no spam from us.

And it's for a Very Good Cause.