Washing Miata

I got some hard grit on the bottom of my fender. I don't want to discolor or scratch the surface getting it off. Is there a strong, yet paint safe, solution that will get this stuff off?

How about those Orange Citrus cleaning liquid products (e/g/ Citru-Solv)?

Reply to
Pat

goo gone / goof off / lighter fluid / bug & tar remover

Any of those should do the trick..

In my expeience the only thing you can really clean with those "orange" cleaners is, well ... maybe an ORANGE !

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

I believe that Goo-Gone and lighter fluid are both naptha based. A quart of naptha is a lot cheaper and you can use it to thin rubber cement!

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux

Safer and better than bug and tar remover is good old WD40, we've got alot fresh tar on the roads here in New England and it's worked for me every time.

Reply to
msrides