Spark Plug help

I have a '92 Black and Tan and need to replace the plugs. When we bought the car a little over 3k ago we were told the plugs had just been replaced. But now I want to swap them and was wondering if some of you would share your thoughts as to the best ones to get. I have used split fires on a daytona shelbly turbo z I had and they worked well but don't know about this engine.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

schism

I use Bosch Double Platinum with good results, both in economy and power.

Reply to
Jim Mc Donald

I believe the Split fire to be a gimmic. Bosch are generally considered great plugs and platinum is good but I've had several experts tell that NGK's work best in this (and most) Japanese engines.

Why would you be changing 'nearly new' plugs anyway?

Problem?

Extra cash?

Send it to me!

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

If your Miata has the original plug wires, be sure to replace them. When the wires fail, the result can be a damaged coil pack, O2 sensor, and cat converter.

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

LOL wish it was spare cash. But I get the feeling that the plugs are not as new as he said they were and lets face it it's cheap insurance. :)

Bill

schism

The plug wires are blue and look to be in good shape and I seem to remember that on the 92 the oem wires were black so I am assumeing they are newer,but, as with the plugs they are a bit of cheap insurance.

Bill

schism

i had nothing but bad luck with bosh platinum in my nissan v6. i didn't want to believe they sucked so bad, and i replaced a lot of other ignition parts trying to cure misfires under load. then i replaced the plugs with the same (surely two sets wouldn't both suck). then i put in plain ole' ngk copper and the truck ran better than it ever had.

my '99 sport gets nothing but ngk copper extended reach (on magnecore wires), and runs beautifully.

fwiw,

dookie

Reply to
dookie

i have replaced mine with bosch double platinums, they work and feel great every time i strat her up..... easy to replace. if you want i can show you some pics... rule of thumb is to replace every 30,000 miles

Reply to
jackofspeed