Yokohama ES 100 tires

FWIW, I've had my Yokohama ES 100 tires (205-45/16) for a 10 days now and thought I'd report back. I haven't gone up in the mountains yet, but in spirited city driving that they seem at least as "sticky" as the Bridgestone Portenza's they replaced. They have also done well in our recent rains. They are a bit noisier, somewhere between the Michelin's (worst) that came on my 2000 and the Dunlop's (D6s??) (quietest) that replaced them. The biggest difference I have noticed is that they ride harshly over pavement joints and small bumps. All in all, I like them better than the Bridgestone's and much better than the Michelins, but liked the Dunlop's I had on my 2000 best (no longer made). Next time I may try Dunlop's.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux

I've had a set of ES100s on my '02 SE for about 3000 miles, rotated once. My experience is very similar to yours; they're a little harsh over bumps, certainly noisy but not offensively so, and feel fairly crisp in turning.

I do not have any wet-weather experience with them, though - I leave the Miata in the garage when it's wet out ;-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers