89 626 a/c problem

I have an 1989 Mazda 626. The a/c works fine on the first and second fan speed. But when I put the fan to third speed the compressor disengages. What might cause this? Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul M

Bad resistor in the resistor pack next to the blower/ fan, Check out the 1st gen forums on mx6.com also search for resistor on mx6.com in the 1st gen forums.

Reply to
Bryan

Reply to
Paul M