screechers

I have a mazda protege 2000..Does anyone know how to take the screechers off of the brakes when the pads wear down ? I'm getting the pads changed next week, so I have to go a week with the car screeching everywhere I go. Let me know..tks. reply to group.

Reply to
Deputy Director

If you were going to take the screechers off, you would be just as well to change the pads at the same time, since the noismakers are a spring riveted on to the pad. If you can remove the pad to take them off, why not put new pads in and save a servicecall.

Reply to
Mike Wright