93 929 Location of fuel filter

My 1993 929 emits a gas smell when in the garage. I see some staining on chassis, under the driver's door. Is this where the fuel filter is located ? Thnx

Reply to
Birch Plain

the fuel filter will be in the engine bay, probably close to the firewall, i dont know about the 929, but if its anything like the 626 then it will be on the driver side above/behind the transmition...

Reply to
Jonathon

Not sure what the hell anyone else is talking about, BUT, the fuel filter for the Mazda 929, 1992 to 1995 model, is in the rear, drivers side above the rear end. I know this because I cahange mine every 25,000 miles. If you are seeing a seepage, you better get your behind under that thing and ensure you don;'t have a rupture somewhere - that would be bad. Darnell

Reply to
<hothotmail