Can't get alternator out of engine compartment?

I have he actual MAZDA shop manual,Haynes,and CLymer.All state remove the bolts,electrical connections,and belt,lift alternator up and out.We have turned twisted pushed pulled every direction and the alternator is no where close to having clearence to come out.Has anyone changed or removed their alternator from a 1988 with airconditioning?Can't come out the bottom the exuast and CV joint and tie rod are in the way.The metal vacuum lines that follow the back of the engine to the chracol cannister are in the way (they stick out to the passenger side past the end of the engine,the charcol canister against the passenger side firewall helps block it,the air conditioning piping on the fender wall by the shock strut also help block it?The two dashpots ie: egr valve also are in the way?being the manuals (NOT ONE) say nothing about removing any of this how do I get it out? Please reply directly to snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net as I'm having trouble accessing this site on webtv.Takes forever to log on and view posts.THanks Rip!

RIPPER FREEDOM WILL NEVER BE FREE! BOYCOTT CALIFORNIA SPORT TOURING!

Reply to
CBX2