Exhaust Manifold

Hi all,
I have a 1995 Mazda Protege LX. The exhaust system is noisy when the engine is cold but, so far the noise disappears when it warms up.
Someone looked at it and told me I have a crack in the Exhaust Manifold. I'm looking for an Exhaust Manifold for my 1.8L engine in the aftermarket. I can only find manifolds for 1.5L engines.
Do the 1.5L and 1.8L engines use the same exhaust manifolds?
By the way, do you prefer Chilton's or Haynes repair manuals for a Mazda Protege 1995?
Thanks for your help!
V.
The manifolds are different ... I have seen a few 1.8' s crack ... but it's more common for the 1.5 to crack.... if you don't want to buy new ... there should be plenty used available ..
Hi all,
I have a 1995 Mazda Protege LX. The exhaust system is noisy when the engine is cold but, so far the noise disappears when it warms up.
Someone looked at it and told me I have a crack in the Exhaust Manifold. I'm looking for an Exhaust Manifold for my 1.8L engine in the aftermarket. I can only find manifolds for 1.5L engines.
Do the 1.5L and 1.8L engines use the same exhaust manifolds?
By the way, do you prefer Chilton's or Haynes repair manuals for a Mazda Protege 1995?
Thanks for your help!
V.
Great! Thanks for your help. I think I'll try to get it welded.
Thanks. V.
dooker wrote:

Site Timeline