Incentives on Protege Line (being discontinued)

Hi. Thank you for comments on previous post regarding the Discontinuation of the Protégé line as of the end of this model year. Currently Mazda is offering up to $2500 on Protégé IF taken from dealer stock before expiration of deal on 9/02/03. Questions:

  1. Doesn't it seem likely that the deal will be extended BEYOND 9/02/03 on a line that is unquestionably being axed? They do want to get rid of them to make way for the Mazda3 line, right? My guess is more of the same deal after that date or, perhaps, better deals. What is your take? Wait or grab?

  1. Mazda dealers in my area have very few Protégés in stock (don't know if that reflects overall availability). My guess is they have little incentive to have them in stock. When they are in stock, they are usually AUTO and I want a 5-spd. What do you think the likelihood of getting a dealer to order one (while working it to be as if taken from their "stock") would be? Is this possible?

Any other thoughts or experiences with this discontinuation of the Protégé line and the deals that come with it are much appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Bike Quest