Mazda 3 Question

I'm about to purchase a Mazda 3 but a friend who has one has told me his car has had the engine mounts replaced several times already. He's dissapointed at this and doesn't recommend it to me for this reason. BTW, he has the automatic transmission. Does anyone know if Mazda is fixing this problem anytime soon? TIA!

Ben

Reply to
Cixcos

I have had mine(red 5 door) almost two months and have had no indications of this problem. The car is great on gas, fun to drive and full of nice options.

ask the folks on this forum if they have heard of any problems

0

Reply to
dave

Thanx! I'll see if they've heard anything.

All the best,

Ben

dave wrote:

Reply to
Cixcos

i work at a mazda dealer anbd have not heard of this problem since they came out must be an isolated incident and overall we havent had problems with them at all.

Reply to
alex

Only had our new Mazda 3 (plain S model w/2.3L engine) for 2-1/2 weeks. Have not been disappointed. Handling is great (reminds me of my old VW Scirocco) and as Dave says, fun to drive. I'm spoiled having driven a Mustang 5.0 for years but the lower gearing and torque multiplication from a start make it acceptable. Kickdown of transmission at higher speeds (~40mph in town) is a little slow. This will be for my son when he turns 16 shortly because I'm not going to let him drive the Mustang and Mom's car is a "girl's car" per him. Wife's first new car was a Mazda GLC which truely was a Great Little Car. So this is the wheels for the boy thru high school, college and a few years thereafter. Until he gets his license Dad gets the pleasure of driving a great machine. If I didn't know better I would swear it came from Germany.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Combs

i've had mine (silver 2.3) since march and the only problem so far is the service manager telling me my motor warranty is void because i installed an aem cold air intake

Reply to
hostile 17