stall when idling

I have a '98 626 that stalls very frequently when stopped in traffic situations. What is the likely remedy for this problem? The mechanic cleaned out some carbon last time but didn't help much. I understand many Mazdas have this problem. Any ideas?

Gary

Reply to
GARY

; I have a '98 626 that stalls very frequently when stopped in traffic ; situations. What is the likely remedy for this problem? The mechanic ; cleaned out some carbon last time but didn't help much. I understand ; many Mazdas have this problem. Any ideas?

What grade fuel do you use? Automatic or manual transmission? Does it happen as you are stopping, or after you're already stopped? What is the idle speed?

Reply to
Jeffrey Kaplan