Mazda 626 P1131

I have a '98 Mazda 626 with 90,000 miles. Last year it coughed up a P1131 code, which I cleared. I looked for vacuum leaks, cleaned the MAF and replaced the plugs and wires. The code did not return until last week.

This time, however, I am experiencing driveability issues. When the accelerator is released, the idle drops very low, becomes unstable and often stalls. Does anyone know what I should be looking for? Once again, I cleaned the MAF and searched for vacuum leaks. If I can't get to the bottom of it soon, I'm going to have to put it in the shop for the first time its life. Thanks. RNR

Reply to
RNR

Earlier Mazda's had a problem with the air intake hose cracking and causing the same symptoms. The cracks are sometimes hard to find without removing and flexing hose.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Webb

I'll check that out. Thanks. RNR