idle problem

My 1998 Mazda 626 stalls when I stop, especially when the AC is on. My mechanic cleaned carbon from the throttle body and said that shoud help it "idle up". Now it's doing the same thing. What is a likely solution to this problem? a sensor? Or a simple adjustment?

Gary

Reply to
GARY

check vacuum hoses, i take it your mechanic doesnt work at a mazda dealership? i hope he didnt charge to clean the carbon, that is a 5 min job, all u need is a rag and a screwdriver!! is the car a V6 or 4cly, auto or manual??? There is a vacuum hose right on the front valve cover on 2.5L V6 models, my car was idling very badly and i discovered it was due to this hose being disconnected...

Reply to
Jonathon