tires

Hello all, I have a 2K ES Protege and am going to need new tires soon. The stock Bridgestone Potenza 195 x 55 x 15R's are noisy and don't have the greatest wet traction. In reading the feedback on tirerack.com, opinion is all over the map and there doesn't seem to be a standout replacement for the stock tires. I'm interested in amyone's opinion on a good all season replacement that's available in the (somewhat rare) 195/55/R15 size.

Also, has anyone ever cut out the metal brackets in the protege trunk so they could fit a full size spare in? The brackets are welded in there and appear to, as far as I can tell, to keep the tiny spare donut in place. I'm assuming a full size spare is optional, and if the car had been ordered with it, the brackets wouldn't have been there.

TIA for any replies. CC

Reply to
Captian Coleman