c280 front brake pad R&R: tips, please?

I attempted to R&R the front brake pads on a 1996 c280 sport. I've done this job in the past on my Acura, but I'm by no means a pro. I was able to loosen the caliper body by removing 19mm bolts on the inboard side, but could not figure out how to remove the caliper body: I could not get it free of the rotor.

Do you mind passing along some hints?

Thanks

Reply to
CycleZen

You need to depress the piston into the caliper. With the brake pad in place, get a wrench that fits the brake bleed nut, a cup to catch brake fluid that'll squirt out and a prybar. Insert the prybar between the pad and disc. Then gently pry (constant low pressure so as to not damage the disc) the pad away from the disc and simultaneously open the brake bleed nut. The pressure on the pad will push it against the piston. The piston will push the fluid out the bleed nut. If you need a rest, be sure to close the bleed nut so no moist air gets into the brake line. You should be able to depress the piston to where the caliper can be removed easily.

Reply to
John