ML320 Brakes

On another post I wrote about ML Dunlop tire problems. On this post, I am wondering about the brake pads. My friend with the 2002 ML320 is going on his THIRD set of brake pads at 15,000 miles. While he does admit to driving almost all city (Pittsburgh hills) up-and-down driving, is it normal for the Benz Truck to go thru brake pads every 7500 miles? I owned Benzes for years but never the truck. Generally my "S" Class cars (S320...1999 then 1993 before that) went thru pads every 12,000 miles or so. Shouldn't the truck get at least that many miles on front pads?

Reply to
B. Newman

some people are heavy footed. I have breaks on for the whole year. n still going. I just don't kill it. some people do.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

I just put brakes on my 01 ML430 ( which is heavier then the 320 ) You should get at least 15-20K miles out of a set of pads. I would suggest putting on something different then the OEM Pagdid pads. They are great for stopping power but create alot of dust and wear out quickly. I have heard good things about Mintex and others - I used Wagner pads and so far so good.

Reply to
Big Red