Latest threads in Mercedes Benzshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1984 190D - belt tensioner spring?
Hello all - I'm a new owner of a tough old 190D (223k mi. and counting) and while she seems to be running pretty stable given her age, I've noticed the alternator/voltage lite glowing faintly at idle,...
10
10

Window problems - still stuck open... help!
Re my 84 300SD: Larry - thanks for trying to help ... I checked and cleaned fuses and switch contacts. The window still didn't budge. There is no dimming of lights when I push window button. I removed...
2
2

Passenger front window stuck open!
Appreciate any help... I have an 84 300SD. My front passenger side window is stuck open about 8 inches. Switch stopped working as I was lowering the window. I can't lower or raise it, How do I remove...
2
2

Polishes, chip sticks, tint?
What products do people recommend for polishing/rubbing out minor dings and chips? I have a white 230 Kompressor. TIA

FS-or- SWAP: OEM mercedes 16" wheels with great tires, S500 & S320, pix online, located north florida
offering 2 complete sets of OEM mercedes wheels and tires, set one from my neighbors S320, and set 2 from his S500, complete (or less) tires. also lug bolts (complete set) from the S320. will sell (or...

Diesel vs regular fuel
Hello, I am thinking about buying a used mercedes c-type combi. Probably a '97 maybe '98. If i buy a diesel it will run forever i guess, but.....if i buy one on regular fuel with about 125,000-150,000...

'84 500SL water pump replacement
I'm down to the pump's bolt removal and have 'em all out 'cept the bottom one that requires aligning the balancer aperture with the bolt head for access. My question is: what tool(s) and technique is...

Electric adjustable seat
Hi I have a question about the electric adjustable seat in a MB 300 1993 (I think, it's my mother-in-laws). The seat is stuck in it's very back position. When I try to move it forward nothing happens....

'04 C230 Carfax History Question
I test drove an '04 C230 sedan at a non-mercedes dealership. I would like to buy it but the Carfax history shows not a single record of service on the vehicle. The vehicle has 22K miles on it. I...

Mercedes Stuff
Anyone know where I can get T-shirts, Mugs, etc for Vintage Merc cars? TIA Earl

RAK's recurrent ruminations on cars, chicks and courtship
I was cruising around in my Bimmer coupe this morning and thinking about sex. It's unhealthy. I was thinking of a subject from recent postings on newsgroups - which means that newsgroups are spilling...
16
16

Mysterious Square
I have noticed that most models have a square on the rear bumper and it is driving my friend nuts. Can anyone tell me what this thing is for? Enlarge the photo and look at the righthand side or the...

1997 E300D Transmission Problem
My transmission now won't shift out of first. Has anybody else experienced this? I call the local dealer and they said if they have to replace the transmission, it would be $6000 - 7000!. I am hoping...

Diesel Secret?
I found this website for a fuel additive call Diesel Secret ( The company claims that you just add the additive to the vegetable oil and it produces usable fuel. Has anybody had experience with this...
3
3

No Climate control functions W126 Please help
Hi. We are parting out a W126 and sold a climate control unit to a gentleman on eBay. It was functioning when we removed it. The customer installed it and still has no blower, no AC clutch engaging,...
2
2