Window problems - still stuck open... help!

Re my 84 300SD:

Larry - thanks for trying to help ...

I checked and cleaned fuses and switch contacts. The window still didn't budge. There is no dimming of lights when I push window button.

I removed a rear switch and tried it in the non operating front. It still didn't work.

When I was replacing the rear switch, I accidentally flipped one of the little silver balls. Where it flew is anybodys guess - I looked and looked.

Then... I went to try the backseat window switch for the rear window for which I lost the front swiitch ball. The window moved down about

8 inches, and IT stopped operating --- stuck open.

Now I've got BOTH front passenger and rear passenger (same side) windows stuck open about 8 inches!

Needless to say I'm totally irritated...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

JKR

Reply to
jkr

snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com wrote in news:sevee213cgos8lqjsa4f9iuqeh0ligs1n1@

4ax.com:

Maybe your fav auto shop would be cheaper.....sorry.

Reply to
Larry

Gawd no... and I really thank you for your suggestions -

I managed to put the rear switch back together using one of the balls from the front switch and so the rear switch is working the rear window I'm glad to report.

I'm trying to get the front passenger side door panel off so I can at least get the window up (I hope).

It doesn't seem to pry off --- can you tell my what the procedure is?

Thanks so much.

JKR

Reply to
jkr