09' E350 4Matic Transmission going into "safe Mode"

My 09" MB 350 recently has started going into safe mode occassionally (i.e. going into 2nd gear and reverse only top spewed 30mph) it clears after a while and immediatrely if I pull over and stop and start the engine. Any ideas other than pulling the transmission and and putting in a new control module ? Changed the transmission oil new filter etc. The car doesn't come with a dipstick to see if the oil is low or not.

Reply to
Stephen Gluck