REALLY safe mode radio

Help!

I've got 2 premium radios for my 96 passat lying around here, and mixed them up when I installed one of them. I entered the wrong code twice and now it won't let me re-enter another try. I expected it to let me retry after an hour or two, but that was a week ago and I still can't enter the code.

When I push the buttons, it flashes "safe" at me.

Is this thing ever going to let me enter the right code? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks - Chris

Reply to
starburst

I think you have to let it stay powered up and on for a hour.

later, dave (One out of many Daves)

Reply to
dave

Connect a battery charger to the car, turn on the radio... and go to bed. Should be ready in the AM!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Thanks you guys! I'll try to fix tomorrow - Chris

Reply to
starburst

Related question --

If I don't have the code (purchased '98 Jetta Wolfsburg from a used car dealer, they didn't have the code) is there a way to recover it or do I have to have the dealer scan it?

Thanks, Jeff

Reply to
jeffhambone