123 4 speed manual

Hi all, I have a 123 1977 230, I want to check the tranny oil, where would I find that , is it a plug on the side of the tranny under the car? I also need to know how to put a rear view mirror back on the mount, it is spring loaded, to take it out it just pulls out. Thanks ahead, Jim

Reply to
<benz831nospam

Yes,and check with transmission warmed up.Think it is a 14mm and suggest that you drain all old fluid while you are there and top off with new fluid (3.4 pints needed) until it runs out of hole.

Yes,it is spring loaded and to install depress the spring by setting it to the mounting base at an angle and press it sideways and press it up,same to remove.

Reply to
CaptainW116