190 E stereo

my stereo (factory) in my 190 just stopped.....well actually it still works but at full volume you can barely hear it..... it used to sound great....2 independent shops have said it's the amp - which they say is a sererate unit in a mercedes....how much of a hassle is this to repair/replace.....anyone else had this problem.....thanks

Reply to
sherman barnes

Just replace the entire unit with a new one... Becker are not worth fixing.

Reply to
Tiger

sorry...i disagree with that last sentence...in a 190E maybe... you pay fortunes, if your fintail came without it...

"Tiger" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:S40Lb.66426$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...

Reply to
Alex Hemmerich

The audio system in an '89 190 is junk and very antiquated. The Becker Grand prix tape/radio is from another age as the developed nations of the world have been listening to music from CD for twenty years! The o.e. paper-faced (non-coaxial) speakers are too old to sound good. Removing the radio is very simple.

Reply to
Peter Klein

Reply to
don't know