Can Anything stop a Chevy

I've owned a Silverado, Monte Carlo, Camaro, also a Escort (wife), and now i bought a 2001Sentra, I do all my own wrenching/maintenance. I bought the sentra thinking that Nissan had finally stepped up to the plate for quality and reliability, Nope, that Professional Grade stuff is just marketing hype.

That @#%&%! thing started falling apart @ 50,000 mi. when the AC compressor teflon seals went and since then the transmission has eaten its young when the TCC solenoid failed and the sun reaction shell cracked at the spin weld, the engine intake manifold gasket leaked, the wiper control board failed, the rear axles seals failed and ruined the rear brakes in the process, the exhaust system cracked in two and fell off, the brake vacuum booster unit failed, the front ball joints needed to be replaced because the rubber grease bladder rotted and split open, it was recalled because the electric rear-view mirror switch would short out and set the driver's door on fire, it eats brake pads every 25k mi. (and doesn't stop very good when the brakes are OK), the drivers seat rocks back and forth because a small internal piece breaks and I've had to replace the oil lines twice and now the third set are starting to leak at the couplings.

I will never buy a nissan again

from now on it's only Chevy and Ford

Reply to
bob shiply

Wait...you married your escort?!

< Sorry, I couldn't resist =) >
Reply to
Tera Baap

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:28:31 GMT, "Tera Baap" scribbled:

This is odd. He posted the exact same thing in the Mitsubishi group. Except instead of a Nissan he put a Mitsubishi alternative, the Galant.

Sounds like a troll to me.

I think he feels he has to do this cause Ford and Chevy are so shit. ;-)

-- Phillip Weston Taumarunui, New Zealand

Phillip Weston

Poor guy - wait until he finds out that the '69 / '70 Boss 302 was designed by a Japanese guy.

Kai

My mom owned an 89 Sentra since new and recently gave it to her mother' who's 89 sentra was falling apart due to lack of maintinence. My mothers had 127K on it and the engine is perfect and the car has never had a problem other than rust (RI winters). I have an '89 240sx with 126K on it and it still runs fine. eats some oil, but less than a quart per oil change. No rust yet. at all on it. I bought a 2001 Ranger XLT this year fully loaded with the off road package and such. 31,600 miles so far and still runs fine, never had a prob yet. I think both companies make fine vehicles (exception being most ford cars)

But I think people waste so much time being fanboys that they don't realize one thing.....Most companies build quality is damn good now and reliability isn't as much of an issue as it was in the past. If peoplt took care of their vehicles, they would last much longer, regardless of the brand.

-BD

Reply to
BD

--SNIP--

Reply to
Marky

Thank you Marky. If I ever find myself driving through Laramie, I may take you up on your offer.

-BD

Reply to
BD

Totally agreed... but when was the last time you persuaded someone to take care of their car? I can't even get my wife to check the tires or fluids on hers, she just wants to get in, turn the key and go - for ever :).

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards

Yes but don't drink and drive. Sleep in Laramie over night in some motel if you have to otherise just put the beer in the ice box and keep on going until you reach your final destination.

Reply to
Eastward Bound

Obviously I would stop. LOL!

Reply to
BD

My last car was a Chevy.

Where the steering column attaches to the firewall, it rusted through. I can no longer drive the car.

The breaks seized.

All of the internal trim has all but fallen apart.

My transmission is pretty much shot (it's an auto).

My Nissan, > I've owned a Silverado, Monte Carlo, Camaro, also a Escort (wife), and now i

Reply to
tendim