1968 280SL value

I've been looking at all kinds of cars the past year. Of course there are pros and cons to all. I've narrowed my search to an 'ideal fun car' for myself to something like an early SL. Of course I have no clue of value or, possibly more important, how to value one. there is a '68 280SL for sale in my area. The car is orginaly from the US north east (salt etc. in winter) and has rust in the rockers as well as wheel wells. Mind you I'm not looking to get or have a 'perfect' car; I don't mind fiberglass. What might be the 'ballpark' price for such a car if the body is otherwise good and the car has not been restored otherwise. Supposeldly it has about 150k miles on the engine. Any insight much appreciated.

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz