Book Value Of Car, But For Last Year ?

Hi,

Realize this isn't a "technical" question, but I've received such good help here in the past, thought I'd post here again.

Car was totaled last year, and I didn't think of looking up the book value in Kelleys or Edmunds at that time. Wish to take a Casualty Loss on tax form for 2005.

If I look up value, now, it is of course a year later, and the book value would be lower by some amount relative to last year's book value.

Any ideas on how I can get the book value of the car at the time of the loss, July, 2005 ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

Your public library should have back-issues of the Kelly or Edmunds.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Reply to
Shep

I don't think IRS would object, at all, if you used this suggestion. At least you've got a good, logical argument to back up such figures. Don't forget to add sales tax to the value. s

Reply to
sdlomi2