1980 300SD Climate Control Amplifier

I think that I may have a problem with my amplifier, I have found it, I can hold it in my hand, but I'll be damned if I can unplug the thing...any suggestions?

Thanks, Bob Moore

Reply to
Bob Moore

It's tough alright, I pried mine off the harness - just waiting for something to break - but nothing broke!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

TG... did you resolder yours? If so, where do you resolder? I need to do the same to mine.

Reply to
Tiger

blanket resolder the whole thing while its out its the best chance.

Reply to
Uncle Chop Chop

That's alot of solder...

Reply to
Tiger

No, back then I didn't know that resoldering its cracked joints could be done. So I simply bought a new one. That's many years ago and it's now about due or even overdue to fail!

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

"T.G. Lambach" wrote

I did as you suggested....it worked, nothing broke. Now, does anyone know what that little round "thermostat" behind the glove compartment does?

Bob Moore

Reply to
Bob Moore

The one with a wire connected on each side? If yes, it is the thermostat for the aux water pump.

Reply to
Karl

"Karl" wrote

That's the one....thanks for the info. At normal room temp, mine is "open" and another one from the junk yard is open also.

Bob Moore

Reply to
Bob Moore